Top 10 Seo Terms Explained
what does means? Translated, means Search Engine Optimisation. Everybody who has a site want's a lot of traffic on it. And the best way to get good targeted traffic is from Search Engines like Google, yahoo or Msn. But For your site to get the great traffic that you've always dreamed it must rank well in search engines. And this is where comes up. means optimizing your site in any legitimate way to have high rankings in the most important search engines.
I will try to give you a top 10 list with the most important terms meet in the business.
1. Anchor Text. The anchor text is very important in SEO. It means the specific text for a hyperlink. Try to use as anchor text your most targeted keywords.
2. Ethical SEO. You can think about Ethical as the opposite to Unethical SEO. It is made without using any illegal activities that might get your site banned in the most important search engines.
3. Inbound links are links that point to your site. This are some kind of votes in your sites favor, from the search engines point of view. The more of these the better, obviously for traffic reasons, but also because they help build link popularity.
4. Keyphrase is a group of keywords.
5. Keyword is a word that is very important for your site. You keywords and keyphrases are the search terms that you want to rank high for.
6. Keyword Analysis means to analyze all the keywords that are related to your site and see which of them have more searches on search engines. You should optimize your site for related keywords that have the highest search rates.
7. The Link popularity is one of the most important thighs when it comes to SEO. Link popularity means the amount of links that point to your site. The link popularity while raise your site in the eyes of the search engines depending on the quality and quantity of the links.
8. META tags are special tags included at the top of a HTML page. Their purpose is to provide extra information about the web page. The most influential tags for search engine ranking are the Keywords tag and the Description tag.
9. Natural Links. can come from natural ways too. This means that a webmaster on the net finds your
site likes it and decides that it's quite useful for his visitors and links to it. This kind of links are called natural links and this are one of the most powerful links.
10. PageRank. It's some kind of ranking system invented by Google. The only real problem with PageRank in is that is given much more attention that it deserves. The PageRank can bee seen with the PageRank meter included in the Google toolbar. You can think of it as a tool that measures the popularity of a wesite but only in the eyes of Google. PageRank is important but there are many other factors that are more important in the process for the ranking of a website.
Article Source: http://www.articles-galore.com
Meet the seo elite and this great seo book visiting this search engine optimization site.
Products and Services mentioned in this article are available Here